Hello wrestling fans, I would like to thank you for your continued support of Missouri Wrestling Revival during this excessive heat. In the past it has been a time for wrestling in the Independents to slow down. That has not been the case at all in 2011 with promotions working hard to bring you the best wrestling action in the country.
Let’s take a time and look at some of the highlights recently throughout the Midwest.
1) 3XWrestling celebrates their 6th year anniversary at ALL –Play in Des Moines, Iowa in July. 3XWrestling has won 2 MWR Promotions of the years in the past and has no signs of slowing down.
2) AAPW announces TV deal with ABC affiliate WSIL-TV 3. Their show will be called “AAPW Collision” with host Chris Hagstrom and Kevin Hunsperger. AAPW Collision is scheduled to air on Saturdays this fall. AAPW and Black Diamond Harley-Davidson have also announced a new partnership that will make the Black Diamond Warehouse the permanent home for all future “AAPW Collision” television tapings. This week they announced that ROH World Champion Davey Richards will be a part of their next show on Sunday August 28th.
3) IHW is working to have a Brandon Aarons benefit show on October first for former IHW Champion Brandon Aarons. Aarrons who has suffered a Spinal Injury since January has undergone a battery of tests in recent months and will have to undergo more, including a surgery in a couple weeks. Mr. Aarons has accumulated roughly 7000 dollars in medical bills and will incur more before his road to recovery is complete.
4) IWA Unlimited will be presenting their anniversary show on Wednesday August 17th in Olney Illinois. As always this is a fun show to be a part of and it’s free. If you have not made your way to check them out, there is no time better than the present.
5) IWA Productions is gearing for a special show in Olney Illinois on September 17th with special guest Kevin Thorn. A portion of the proceeds is to go to the Bud Chaplin memorial scholarship.
6) MECW gains the energy drink Monster as a sponsor for their matches in Wood River Illinois. The last show in July in Wood River, Illinois saw a great turn out with some new stars in the area heating up the ring.
7) Metro Pro Wrestling celebrates their one year anniversary. MPW lead my Chris Gough has been working hard to bring pro wrestling out of the dead in Kansas City. It has not been easy but the roster is stacked with some of the top talent in the Midwest while the fans can enjoy great promos and matches at Metro Pro Sports. MPW recently had a truly awesome spread in July 11ths Kansas City Star called Off the Mat.
8) MMWA-SICW hosted their annual Christmas in July where the fans were able to win free gifts such as wrestling tickets, Cardinal tickets, and wrestling memorabilia throughout the night. In East Carondelet MMWA-SICW and MWR teamed up to honor Larry Matysik with his own MWR Trading card.
9) New Midwest Wrestling is red hot this summer with some exciting stars such as NMW Champion Ryan Phoenix heading into the annual NMW November Reign card. You can see the 2010 MWR Tag team of the yea Attitude Inc. there and they are still defending their titles that they held since last year. Can any team knock them off the mountain?
10) NWA Dynamo will bring to Glen Carbon on August 12, four big NWA Title matches including the NWA Central States Champion Jeremy Wyatt defending against Shorty Biggs.
11) NWA Supreme has teamed up with Pro Wrestling Prestige on August 14th for a FREE show in Matoon Illinois. The show will feature several of the very best in the world against some of the best in the Midwest. ROH World Champion Davey Richards will be in action as well as the former world Champion Eddie Edwards, Jimmy Jacobs and more.
12) Pro Wrestling Epic is scheduled to return to the Lincoln Balloon Festival August 27th in Lincoln Illinois. The show will be FREE with admission to the festival. Last year fans got to witness the current WWE developmental wrestler Donovan Ruddick take on the Mississippi Madman.
13) World League Wrestling will once again be hosting the annual WLW/Pro Wrestling Noah camp in October. In attendance will be staff from WLW, Japan’s Pro Wrestling Noah along with Kevin Von Erich from the legendary Von Erich family. If you are a serious wrestler then you should do all you can to take this camp. Wrestlers in the past who have taken part in the camp are Mark Sterling, Mike Sydal and Keith Walker just to name a few. A chance right in your backyard to work with some of the most influential men in the sport today. At the end of the camp WLW will also be presenting a show that is a must attend event of the year.
We recently posted that referee Dave Hebner was in the hospital for surgery for a heart condition. It is great to tell you that we have word that he is home and recuperating as we speak.
We have been working towards theTop 30 tag teams during the past four years in the Midwest at MWR. Let’s review the countdown so far.
30) Heroes for Hire (Jimmy Rockwell and Zach Thompson)
29) Ethan Wright and The Cancun Kid
28) Knights Of Fire” (Jaysin Strife & “Golden Boy” Vic Victory)
27) Sexy and Smooth ( Ryan Slade and AJ Smooth)
26) Zac James and Ryan Slade
25) Feature Presentation (Eric Ruffington & Blake Steel)
24) Bayou Outlaws (Maddog McDowell and Aaron Masterson)
23) The Phoenix Twins (Tweek & Dash)
22) F1rst Family (Arik Cannon and Darin Corbin)
21) The Texan Hangman (Waco and Texan)
20) American Ground and Air (Nate Bash and Benjamin Sailer)
19) LONRS (Mark Sterling and Darrien Sanders)
18) The Horn Dogs ( Maddog McDowell and Krotch)
17) The Kentucky Buffet (Matt Cage and Alex Castle)
15) Chris Havius and Donnie Peppercricket
15) The High Flyers (Mike Sydal and Zach Thompson)
The MWR Yearbook is currently in the works with the exceptional assistance and expertise of Matt Murphy. If you have been in contact to do an article for your promotion from the months of January 2011 to today, I urge you to send them in this week to gauarentee that it can be added.
Promoters feel free to contact me Brian Kelley at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or thoughts about this project. The more you assist me in this the better the coverage for your promotion throughout this book. If by chance you do not care or just can’t get it done then by no means is there any hard feelings but at the end of the day remember that you get what you put it into it.
I would like to thank Matt Murphy, Josh Ray, Mark Campos, Mike Wilson, John Timmons, Patrick Brandmeyer, Adam Testa and Harmony Hardy for their efforts so far throughout the book as well as all the MWR photographers.
It is with great excitement that this project is moving forward.