1. Jimmy Rockwell & Sir Bradley Charles defeated 3XW Pure Wrestling champion Ricky Kwong & The Mauler w/Chad Mylan by DQ.
Afterwards Rockwell challenged Kwong to one more shot at the 3XW Pure Wrestling championship next month and Kwong accepted.
2. Genesis – Gage Octane, Benjamin Sailer, Nate Bash, “Torturous” Tony Sly & AJ Smooth defeated “The American Fury” Jon West, Aaron Masterson, “Big City” 3XW Security Guard, The River Monster & Ryan Slade in a 10 man tag team match.
3. Brian Ash w/Todd Countryman retained the 3XW Heavyweight championship by pinning Zach Thompson after a press slam into a diamond cutter.
4. The Horn Dogs – Maddog McDowell & Krotch won the 3XW Tag Team championship by defeating “Delicious” Devin Carter & Casanova w/Steve Biley.
5. Mark Sterling defeated “The Rebel” Jeremy Wyatt in sudden death overtime in a No DQ Iron Man match that ended up going 70 minutes.
Des Moines Social Club
1408 Locust St
Des Moines, IA
Thanks to all the fans who came out to see an excellent night of wrestling action!
King of Des MoinesTournament Event Results:
1. Pre-show match – Brady A. Dezire pinned Jon West after a superkick.
2. King of Des Moines Quarterfinals – “The Unbreakable” Zach Thompson pinned “The Popular” Nate Bash after countering out of Bash’s Michinoku Driver with a cradle pin. Great high flying battle.
3. King of Des Moines Quarterfinals – In a battle of 3XW‘s two biggest athletes, Brian Ash pinned Maddog McDowell after punching him with brass knuckles while the referee was distracted by Todd Countryman and Casanova. Countryman’s loaded briefcase was also involved.
4. King of Des Moines Quarterfinals – “The Rebel” Jeremy Wyatt pinned “The Professional” Ben Sailer following a Kansas Tumbleweed (Lightning Spiral) in a great technical, submission-based encounter.
5. King of Des Moines Quarterfinals - Mark Sterling beat “Delicious” Devin Carter by submission with the Markshooter in a very heated bout.
6. King of Des Moines Semi-Finals – “The Rebel” Jeremy Wyatt beat “The Unbreakable” Zach Thompson by submission with the Crossface in a very heated, hard-hitting encounter. Thompson came very close to defeating Wyatt on a number of occasions.
7. King of Des Moines Semi-Finals – Mark Sterling pinned Brian Ash. After the match, Ash and 3XW Commissioner Todd Countryman tried to assault Sterling with the brass knuckles, only for Sterling to move out of Countryman’s clutches, duck Ash’s punch only for Ash to stop his swing just in time to avoid hitting Countryman. Sterling then dropkicked Ash into Countryman and Countryman tumbled to the ground. Sterling then grabbed his own pair of knuckles from his trunks and punched Ash out with them to the cheers of the crowd.
8. Six Man Scramble for the 3XW Unified Pure Wrestling championship – “The Rockstar” Jimmy Rockwell successfully defended the title, pinning “The Canadian Sex Icon” Ryan Slade with a Rock N’ Rollup to win. Also competing were Hunter Matthews, Casanova, “The Right Price” Aaron Masterson and Sir Bradley Charles.
9. 3XW Heavyweight championship – Rory Fox successfully defended the title, pinning “The Laotian Sensation” Ricky Kwong following a Fox Bomb. Kwong’s manager Chad Mylan was involved many times throughout the match and Kwong almost came away with the belt on more than one occasion. Directly before the end of the bout, Fox finally got his hands and Mylan and punched him right off the ring apron to a big response from the fans.
10. King of Des Moines Tournament Finals – Mark Sterling pinned “The Rebel” Jeremy Wyatt with a cradle pin in an excellent wrestling match.
After the bout, Wyatt challenged Sterling to a rematch at Clobberpalooza Classic 3 on September 3rd at the Des Moines Social Club.
If you haven’t already heard, Ring of Honor World champion Tyler Black competed at Downtown Destruction II in a total surprise.
3XW Downtown Destruction II – June 4, 2010 – Des Moines Social Club – Des Moines, Iowa Results
1. “The Right Price” Aaron Masterson beat Hunter Matthews with 15 seconds left in a 5-minute challenge by reversing Matthews piledriver attempt into a jacknife rollup pin. Hunter took the mic prior to the match and said there was no way Masterson could beat him in 5 minutes. Matthews has now been pinned by Masterson twice.
Promo – The Gentlemen’s Club came out and manager/3XW Commissioner Todd Countryman announced that it was now a 5-on-4 elimination tag wiith him as the Gentlemen’s Club additional partner. Their opponents then came out accompanied by former 3XW President Skylar Pierce. Sterling explained that being a former member of the Gentlemen’s Club, he knew they would be up to something tonight, so he contacted Skylar, the former 3XW president. Skylar received the OK from the Board of Directors to add an additional member to Sterling’s team…none other than Ring of Honor World champion Tyler Black!!
2. Brady A. Dezire beat Buck Albright following a schoolboy rollup with his feet on the ropes for leverage.
3. “The Viking Warrior” Kraig Keesaman successfully defended the 3XW Pure Wrestling title over Nate Bash by drilling him with a Nordic Spike after crotching Bash on the top turnbuckle in an excellent match. Keesaman has now not been pinned or submitted in 24 months.
4. “The Rebel” Jeremy Wyatt successfully defended the 3XW Heayweight title over Tyler Cook, submitting him to a crossface. Wyatt is now the longest reigning Heavyweight champion in 3XW history.
- Following the match, Rory Fox came out and officially announced he would be using his Gauntlet for the Gold title shot against Wyatt at the 5 Year Anniversary Event in July. Wyatt said “fine, but I choose the stipulation. It’s going to be a…..” and then Wyatt walked away.
5. “The Rockstar” Jimmy Rockwell successfully defended the 3XW Cruiserweight championship over Tony Sly, Ben Sailer and Matty Starr after pinning Sly with a Rock n’ Rollup.
– Before the match, Sly announced that if he lost tonight, he would quit 3XW.
– Following the match, Kraig Keesaman unsuccessfully tried to attack Rockwell with his axe and Rockwell announced that they will be having a title unification match at the 5 Year Anniversary event in July.
6. Sir Bradley Charles and Jon West beat Sexy and Smooth (Ryan Slade and A.J. Smooth) after West distracted the Canadians enough for SBC to stop the Fastball Special by pushing Slade into Smooth, causing Smooth to crotch himself on the top turnbuckle and flail helplessly while Charles pinned Slade with an O’Conner Roll. Huge upset, as the No. 1 contenders to the 3XW Tag Team titles lost to a first-time team of rookies. Impressive showing by West and SBC.
7. Rory Fox defeated “The Laotian Sensation” Ricky Kwong (with “The Laotian Liaison” Chad Mylan and Mylan’s new MMA secruity guard) with a Fox Bomb.
- After the match, Wyatt attacked Fox with a ladder and announced that their Heavyweight title match in July will be a ladder match
8. 10-Man Elimination Tag Team match – The Gentlemen’s Club (Brian Ash, Gage Octane, Devin Carter, Casanova and Todd Countryman) beat Mark Sterling, “The Unbreakable” Zach Thompson, Maddog McDowell, Krotch and Ring of Honor World champion Tyler Black. It came down to Ash and Thompson and Ash pinned Thompson despite a valiant effort on the part of Thompson. Black was eliminated when the referee saw him hit Ash with a title belt that Ash tried to hit him with first and Sterling was DQ’d for refusing to release a Sharpshooter on Octane after Octane had already tapped out. Thompson then pinned Octane before taking the final fall to Ash.
After the bout, the Gentlemen’s Club continued to assault Thompson, who was saved by all his partners to the cheers of the crowd.
Des Moines Social Club
1408 Locust St
Des Moines, IA
Thanks to the awesome crowd that packed the Des Moines Social Club for this excellent show!
1. 3XW Pure Wrestling champion “The Viking Warrior” Kraig Keesaman successfully defended the title over “The Right Price” Aaron Masterson after drilling him with the Nordic Spike in 8:48. Keesaman has now not been pinned or submitted in 23 months of competition.
Following the match, Hunter Matthews came out and addressed the crowd and Masterson, talking about losing to Masterson at Spring Showdown and talked about how ashamed his mother his of his actions is of late. He then proceeded to vicious assault Masterson with a brutal Piledriver. Due to the injuries Masterson sustained from the beatings at the hands of Matthews and Keesaman, he was unable to compete in the Gauntlet for the Gold later in the evening.
2. Malia Hosaka defeated Claudia Del Solis after an impressive facebuster in 11:36. Solis, an impressive newcomer to 3XW that won over the crowd, was accompanied at ringside by members of the Mid Iowa Rollers roller derby team, who have bouts on May 15th and May 22nd at Hy-Vee Hall. Visit http://www.midiowarollers.com for more details.
3. Mark Sterling beat Gage Octane by DQ in a wild match in 14:34 that saw Brian Ash and “Delicious” Devin Carter of the Gentlemen’s Club jump Sterling, only for Sterling to be saved by the Horndogs (Maddog McDowell and Krotch), which allowed Sterling to spear Octane and almost apply the Markshooter to Octane following the match. Luckily for Octane, his teammates outside the ring were able to pull him out of the hold. Sterling challenged all four members of the Gentlemen’s Club to an 8-man tag team match against Sterling, McDowell, Krotch and a partner to be announced at Downtown Destruction on June 4.
4. “The Unbreakable” Zach Thompson defeated his High Flyers’ partner Mike Sydal following a Dublin Driver in a very emotional and hard fought “Loser Leaves 3XWrestling” match set up by 3XW Commissioner Todd Countryman in 14:41. Following the match, both men shook hands and embraced in the ring while “American Pie” by Don McLean played over the speakers and the fans gave Sydal a standing ovation. Sydal walk around ringside after the match and shook hands with many of fans in the crowd.
5. 3XW Heavyweight champion “The Rebel” Jeremy Wyatt successfully defended his title over 3XW Cruiserweight champion “The Rockstar” Jimmy Rockwell following a Cropduster DDT in a tremendous championship match in 25:34. Rockwell earned many nearfalls over the champ, leaving fans on the edge of their seats. The end of the match saw Wyatt laying on the mat and Rockwell going up to the top rope for his patented Rock On Bomb. 3XW Pure Wrestling champion Kraig Keesaman, who attacked Rockwell last month, stood at the top of the entrance ramp and distracted Rockwell while he was standing on the tunrbuckle. When Rockwell went for the move, Wyatt had recovered enough to roll out of the way before spiking Rockwell with the Cropduster DDT for the win.
6. Fifth Annual 25-Man Gauntlet for the Gold Battle Royal – Entrant No. 13 Rory Fox won the battle royal and a future 3XW Heavyweight championship match in 30:45 after eliminating Maddog McDowell and Brian Ash (entrants No. 1 and 2) last to win the match.
- Tyler Cook made his return to 3XW as the final entrant (No. 25) and eliminated heavy-favorite Kraig Keesaman, who was distracted by Jimmy Rockwell on the outside of the ring.
- “The Laotian Sensation” Ricky Kwong (No. 10) was accompanied to the ring by his manager “The Laotian Liaison” Chad Mylan. Kwong put in a very impressive performance, eliminating the second-most competitors at three behind Rory Fox’s four. Every time Kwong eliminated an opponent, Mylan gleefully grabbed the microphone and proudly announced that Kwong had eliminated another opponent. Kwong’s run was finally ended when Fox threw him over the top rope, causing Mylan to go irate. The only competitors in the battle longer than Kwong were Maddog McDowell, Brian Ash and Devin Carter (No. 3). Mylan also introduced his new Mylan Management Agency (MMA). More details on the next episode of Outside the Ring.
- Fox also eliminated Gage Octane, who once again reached the final five of the Gauntlet for the Gold. Every year that Octane has competed, he’s reached the final five competitors, but he’s never won.
- The Gentlemen’s Club and Sterling/Maddog McDowell/Krotch, opponents next month in the 8-man tag, targeted each other throughout the match. Ash violently eliminated Krotch, punching him in the face when Krotch tried to springboard back into the ring. Sterling eliminated Carter, last year’s winner. Brian Ash eliminated Mark Sterling as Sterling was battling with Octane.
- Sexy and Smooth(Ryan Slade and A.J. Smooth) were eliminated by Jon West and Sir Bradley Charles. Sexy and Smooth have already challenged West and Charles to a tag team match on June 4 at Downtown Destruction.
- Former ring announcer KL Snow – the only ring announcer to ever lose a “Loser Leaves Town” stipulation – attempted to sneak his way into the battle royal and regain employment in 3XW, only to be quickly pushed aside upon entrance by the debuting Hamlet Azul (a masked European luchador and figure skating enthusiast) and directed backstage by 3XW officials.
- Other masked competitors included the Rebelucha (a confederate luchador), Ski Mask Malloy (martial arts master from the Ozarks), The Yellow Dog (eliminated by Ash after Ash threw Dog’s toy over the top rope and he jump over the rope to fetch it), and Disco Diablo En Fuego (a demonic dancing luchador).
- Besides the ones mentioned above, other returns and debuts included Jaysin Strife, David Clark, and Sparrow.
Upcoming appearances: - 3XW will hold wrestling outside all afternoon and into the evening on Saturday, May 15th as part of the Des Moines Social Club’s annual Subjective Circus event. Lots of other entertainment as well, including live music and special events/games for the kids. Come join us to see lots of matches. http://www.desmoinessocialclub.org
Des Moines-based 3XWrestling Presents Annual Gauntlet for the Gold
May 7th Event Features Biggest Battle Royal In The History of Des Moines!
DES MOINES, Iowa – Fresh off “The Rebel” Jeremy Wyatt and Tyler Black battling to a 30-minute time-limit draw in one of the greatest matches in 3XW history earlier this month, Des Moines-based 3XWrestling (3XW) is set to impress fans once again as it presents Over the Top on May 7th at the Des Moines Social Club, one of the top venues for professional wrestling in the Midwest.
Featuring some of the most talented wrestlers in the United States, Over the Top is scheduled to feature a variety of compelling matches, including the fifth annual “Gauntlet for the Gold” battle royal!
Here’s the Over the Top TV commercial that is scheduled to air this week during TNA Impact and next week during WWE NXT and TNA Impact for those with Mediacom cable in Des Moines. It will also air throughout both weeks on a variety of channels carried by Mediacom.
From the 3XWrestling studios, it’s the May 2010 edition of 3XWrestling’s acclaimed web show Outside the Ring! This episode catches up wrestling fans on all the news following the hugely successful Spring Showdown event in April and builds toward the highly anticipated Over the Top event on Friday, May 7th at the Des Moines Social Club. Visit http://www.3xwrestling.com/for more information about upcoming events, view the Match of the Month and to visit Shop3XW, the official online store of 3XWrestling! Tickets for Over the Top are available at http://www.3XWrestling.com and at Jay’s CD & Hobby, 5921 S.E. 14th St in Des Moines, Iowa.
The “Gauntlet for the Gold” battle royal has become one 3XW’s top yearly traditions and for the first time ever, the original “Gauntlet for the Gold” is available to watch for free! The winner of this Rumble-style battle royal earns a 3XW Heavyweight title shot. This battle took place as part of 3XW’s Road to Glory event on Feb. 18, 2006 in Des Moines, Iowa. For more information about one of the top wrestling promotions in the Midwest and to purchase event DVDs, visit http://www.3xwrestling.com/
Full Announced and Updated Card for Over the Top – 3XW‘s 60th Event!:
5th Annual “Gauntlet for the Gold” battle royal! – winner receives a future 3XW Heavyweight title shot! A new wrestler enters the ring every 60 seconds!
Confirmed entrants: Rory Fox – National star who had a phenomenal series of matches with Wyatt for belt Brian Ash – Former two-time 3XW Heavyweight champion, including being first to hold gold. Maddog McDowell – Winningest battle royal competitor in 3XW history “Delicious” Devin Carter – 2009 Gauntlet for the Gold Winner, first to enter No. 1 and win Gage Octane – Former 3XW Heavyweight champion, has made final five of every Gauntlet Mark Sterling – Former 3XW Pure Wrestling champion and considered a top threat to win “The Viking Warrior” Kraig Keesaman - 3XW Pure Wrestling champion, longest undefeated “The Right Price” Aaron Masterson – Just picked up first major victory of his career “The Laotian Sensation” Ricky Kwong – Has not been pinned or submitted since May 2009 Krotch – Impressive speed and athleticism and unorthodox style counteract slim build Sir Bradley Charles – Skilled rookie trained by Lance Storm has quickly become fan favorite “The Canadian Sex Icon” Ryan Slade – One-half of very talented Sexy and Smooth team A.J. Smooth – One-half of very talented and successful Sexy and Smooth tag team Hunter Matthews – Rulebreaker now on a revenge mission after losing to Masterson Brady A. Dezire – One of 3XW’s top cruiserweights, Dezire hopes third time’s the charm
“The American Fury” Jon West – Talented rookie trained by Carter looks to make impact Mike Sydal or “The Unbreakable” Zach Thompson – Either aerialist is a dangerous threat
More to be named soon! See comments from all announced competitors on the May 2010 episode of Outside the Ring!
3XW Heavyweight championship! 3XW Cruiserweight champion “The Rockstar” Jimmy Rockwell vs.
“The Rebel” Jeremy Wyatt (c)
Loser Leaves 3XWrestling!
“The Unbreakable” Zach Thompson - 2009 3XW “Most Popular Wrestler of the Year” vs. his High Flyers tag team partner, Mike Sydal – 2009 Pro Wrestling Illustrated “Rookie of the Year”
Mark Sterling vs. Gage Octane
3XW Pure Wrestling championship!
“The Right Price” Aaron Masterson vs. “The Viking Warrior” Kraig Keesaman (c)
Women’s Wrestling! Claudia Del Solis vs. current SHIMMER and former WCW star Malia Hosaka
Also featuring an appearance by the Mid Iowa Rollers women’s roller derby team!
**A special note about Over the Top ticket sales: Starting with the May 7th event we will be doing a advance ticket price of $12.00 per general admission ticket and a night of the show/walk up price of $15.00 per general admission ticket. Kids tickets remain $6.00.
We want to make sure everyone is aware of this ahead of time and encourage everyone to pre-purchase tickets to retain the $12.00 ticket price.
If you have an advance purchase ticket you will get in to the show to get your seat 10 minutes earlier!
$12.00 General Admission advance purchase
FREE 3 & under
General admission tickets will be $15.00 the night of the event.
**After party at Z’s Bar – 1511 South Union St – Just south of Principal Park!**
Food & drinks are available at Z’s Bar.
Meet, greet & eat with your favorite 3XW wrestlers & staff.
Doors open for Over the Top at 7 p.m. (6:45 p.m. for advance ticket holders) for a 7:30 p.m. start time. The Des Moines Social Club is located at 1408 Locust St. in beautiful downtown Des Moines.
Founded in 2005, 3XWrestling, a Des Moines-based organization, has performed in front of thousands of fans across Iowa and been featured on KCWI TV, Des Moines Radio Group stations, Iowa Public Radio and in publications including the Des Moines Register, Juice, Cityview and Pro Wrestling Illustrated. 3XW events are held the first Friday of each month in Des Moines.
3XWrestling and its performers are also heavily involved with charity work. Most recently, 3XW and Toys For Tots worked together at November Knockout to collect toys to help provide a happier holiday for children.
In February 2009, one-legged wrestling star Zach Gowen competed in 3XW and helped raise over $10,000 to help the family of a young man whose leg was amputated due to his battle with cancer. All proceeds from that event we’re given to the family to offset medical costs, with every wrestler performing on a volunteer basis.
For more information about 3XWrestling, including details on purchasing advance tickets to events, bringing 3XW to your town and to watch 3XW’s highly-acclaimed monthly webshow Outside the Ring and the Free Match of the Month, please visit http://www.3XWrestling.com. Card subject to change.
Dubray Tallman back once again with Dubi meets the fans, this time we are back with our friends at MECW in WoodRiver Illinois. MECW often calls their fans “family” and it truly is a wonderful group of people that comes out to the Knights of Columbus hall for some fun wrestling action.
Brian and I have had the pleasure to be invited by MECW often in the past year that I have made some great friends including the famous Fuzzy Hat club.
On this night fan favorite Evan Money would be the throwing out the MWR T-shirt to a lucky fan in the stands prior to his match and I was off hanging with some cool people.
Their was one man in on this night that was the talk of the hall and that was Shawn Santel who I was told was coming back home to MECW. Before I even got the chance to ask if anyone wanted to be apart of DUBI meets the MECW Fans, people were coming up wanting to be a part of it and I found out quickly that many had came out to see Shawn Santel.
First up in the Shawn Santel fan club was a huge group of people Zach Lafferty, Brandon Rady, Sheryl Baumeister, Jacob Ford and Harry Baumeister from Bethalto Illinois
As Shawn hung out with his fans I caught up with a little cutie Jolene from Hartford, Illinois who enjoyed the Bayou Outlaws of Maddog McDowell and Aaron Masterson.
The Outlaws are one of the nicest guys in the sport and was more than happy to take the picture with her.
Then I went back to Shawn Santel and got his picture taken with Junior Loeffen and then with Zach Leverett.
MECW Superfan Rebecca Hacker asked if she could have her picture with Gabriel Brimstone and then I asked my fellow fuzzy hat member Panther if he would take his picture with me.
Last but not least another superfan Annie who was telling us that she had purchased an autograph picture of referee Jeremy Robb so I ask Annie she would like have her picture taken with Jeremy, making him the first ever ref in the Dubi meets the fans. Brian and a few wrestlers were laughing that Jeremy had already sold more pictures this year than Huge in Japans Jimmy Rockwell.
As always it was like a big party at MECW where everyone is your friend.
Missouri Wrestling Revival is proud and excited that the Midwest was filled with positive exposure in the most important issue of Pro Wrestling Illustrated the Year in Awards edition.
St Louis’s own Randy Orton was voted by the fans as the number one wrestler of 2009. Some may not like his actions or his attitude but you can not deny the mans ability. Congrats to Randy Orton for such a great honor.
One of my personal moments of 2009 will be that the promotions and fans in the Midwest joined together to nominate Mike Sydal as the 2009 PWI Rookie of the Year. Mike has thrilled fans in every promotion in the MWR Coverage area and has backed it up by becoming the High Voltage Wrestling Livewire Champion and the being one half of the very popular 3XWrestlings tag team Champions “The High Flyers” with the talented Zach Thompson.
Wrestling fans if you have not had a chance to see Sydal in action I highly urge you get a chance to check him while he is still in the area. Charismatic, exciting and intense are just a few words that come to mind when his name is brought up and now you can add 2009 PWI Rookie of the Year!
Let’s take a quick look at Midwest wrestling promotions and wrestlers that are covered in this historic issue.
Page 13 Former WWE/TNA and WLW Star Trevor Murdoch opens up a new restaurant in Eldon Missouri called T Murdoch’s Bar and Grill. Maybe this means that MWR needs to do a review of the restaurant in the future.
Page 21 one of the most talented women wrestlers to ever grace the sport sores big wins in SHIMMER. A great photograph of her taking on Amazing Kong is on this page.
Page 23 Independent Recent Changes has the MECW Title changes of Barry Ryte pinning Matt Mayday for the Great Plains Trophy as well as the new MECW Tag Team Champions The Bayou Outlaws (Maddog McDowell and Aaron Masterson beating Devin Carter and AJ Smooth, Jordan McEntyer and Knight Wagner and the tag team of Mike Sydal and Rebelucha.
Page 59 In Memoriam remembers the fallen warriors and the influential people who past way in 2009. Included is BJ Race.
Page 62 and 63 Mike Sydal PWI Rookie of the Year !!!
Page 97 A full page photo of ECW Original, Dynamo Pro WrestlerAngle and tag team partner of Domino Rivera has a full page spread of battling Balls Mahoney
Page 128 Tommaso Ciampa – Trained with WLW and Harley Race in the past. Ciampa looked strong in the ECWA Super 8 Tournament
Page 137 Our friends at 3XWrestling are featured in the top of the Rankings page.
Page 140 and 141 Results from High Voltage Wrestling, IWA Productions, 3XWrestling, MMWA-SICW AND Dynamo Pro is all featured thanks to MWR friends Patrick Brandmeyer, John Bach and Midnight Guthrie. Maybe you can get there autographs at a show near you.
That is just a few of the highlights in 2009 PWI The Year in Wrestling
1.) One half of the Bayou Outlaws Aaron Masterson Defeated Knight Wagner
MR K made a night of friendly & fair completion as he pitted fan favorites against each other. This was a fast paced & high impact match. Both Aaron Masterson and Knight Wagner went back and forth for nearly 10 minutes. In the end it was Bayou Outlaws Aaron Masterson picked up the win via pin fall.
WINNER: Aaron Masterson
2.) The other half of the Bayou Outlaws Maddog McDowell defeated the other half of the MECW Tag Team Champions Deliciously Smooth’s Devin Carter
Two of the biggest MECW wrestlers on the roster both figuratively and literally collided!!! Not only did these two show strength and power but they showed style with great wrestling ability!! On this night it was Maddog McDowell who picked up the win in this epic battle. In the end they showed no hard feelings and shook hands after the match.
WINNER: Maddog McDowell
3.) Matt Mayday (formerly known as Krotch) defeated Nacho O’Reily
Not only did the MECW family not witness the return of Krotch but they were introduced to a “new” MECW wrestler: Matt Mayday! Despite the new found hate the MECW Family had towards the MECW “newcomer”. He did make an impressive debuted as he quickly dispatched of Nacho O’Reily in timely fashion & also debuting with the “new” MECW wrestler was a new finisher. As Matt Mayday put Nacho O’Reily away w/ a top rope curb stomp all you could say was forget about it lights out 1,2,3 it was over.
Winner: Matt Mayday
4.) MECW Independent Champion: Gabriel Brimstone defeated Super Patrio
MECW Independent Champ took out his frustrations on Super Patrio in a harsh and timely manner. All it took was a DDT from Gabriel Brimstone who beat Super Patrio in record time!!
WINNER: MECW Independent Champion: Gabriel Brimstone
5.) The “Unbreakable” Zach Thompson defeated Jordan McEntyre
It a awesome match that pitted two of the biggest MECW Family favorites in history took each other on head to head. Back and forth this match went but in the end it was the former MECW Heavyweight Champion: Zach Thompson who was victorious.
WINNER: The “Unbreakable” Zach Thompson
6.) XXXplicit Content: MECW Heavyweight Champion: Bailey Mannix, Manager: “Lovely” Leon Alexander and The “Pride of Peoria Champion” Eric Allen defeated the Saints & Sinner: Brian Scrilla, Marshall Garrett, and Evan Money
In a huge match that determined the career of XXXplicit Content’s Manager “Lovely” Leon Alexander. If XXXplicit Content and Eric Allen did not win the match then “Lovely” Leon Alexander would be fired from MECW. But if XXXplicit Content & Eric Allen won the match, then “Lovely” Leon Alexander would be resigned to a new MECW Manager contract.
This match had a lot of action and high flying ability as well as some great tag team work done by Marshall Garrett and Brian Scrilla. Things got crazy when the match broke loose when Brian Scrilla went on a rampage and went after current two time MECW Heavyweight Champion: “XXXplicit” Bailey Mannix. While Scrilla and Money were taking Mannix pillar to post and with Eric Allen down it left “Lovely” Leon Alexander all alone in the hands of Marshall Garrett. Garrett forearmed “Lovely” Leon to stun him, then picked him up for the classic air plane spin, Garrett finished it off by putting Leon Alexander over his knee and spanking him. Marshall Garrett ready to put him away but the ref was distracted. This gave Eric Allen the perfect chance to waffle Marshall Garrett upside the head with his “Pride Of Peoria Championship”. Completely leveling Marshall Garrett and giving “Lovely” Leon Alexander the chance to pin him and pick up the 3 count victory.
WINNER: XXXplicit Content: “Lovely” Leon Alexander and MECW Heavyweight Champion: “XXXplicit” Bailey Mannix and”The Pride of Peoria Champion”: Eric Allen
After the match Scrilla wasn’t finished as he grabbed the mic and told the MECW Family that there was something he needed to come clean with and needed to get something off his chest. But he wanted to do it at the October 24th MECW show face to face with MECW Heavyweight: Champion: “XXXplicit” Bailey Mannix.