Des Moines Social Club’s Kum & Go Theater The corner of 9th Street and Cherry Street Des Moines, Iowa
Doors open at 6:45 pm for advance ticket holders Doors open at 7 pm for everyone else Bell time is 7:30 pm
3XW Heavyweight Championship “The Intellectual Punk” Tony Sly (c) vs. the winner of a battle royal earlier that takes place earlier in the event
3XW Tag Team Championship “Showtime” Bradley Charles & “The Rebel” Jeremy Wyatt
vs. AJ Smooth & Ryan Slade (c)
Singles match – Due to a contractual stipulation Tony Sly had added to January’s match with Gage Octane, Octane has to get two singles match wins before he can get his rematch for the 3XW Heavyweight title
“The Viking Warrior” Kraig Keesaman vs. Gage Octane
“The Omaha Chainsaw” SM King vs. Maddog McDowell
Tag Team match
3XW Pure Wrestling champion “The Rockstar” Jimmy Rockwell & Hype Gotti
vs. “The Unbreakable” Zach Thompson & “Rock N Roll” Mike Sydal
Battle Royal – Winner gets a 3XW Heavyweight title match later in the night!
Participants include: “The American Fury” Jon West, Maddog McDowell, “The Right Price” Aaron Masterson, “Delicious” Devin Carter, Latin Thunder, Brady A. Dezire, The Mauler, SM King, Ray Stryker, Nate Redwing, Geek Singh & more!
*Card subject to change
VIP – Row 1 and 2 (Kid’s or Adult) $15 Advance Tickets | $18 at the Door
Adult General Admission $12 Advance Tickets | $15.00 at the Door
Kids General Admission 10 & Under $6.00
Kids 3 & Under FREE Admission
Tickets will be on sale on February 15th at:
Jay’s CD & Hobby
3315 SE 14th St
Des Moines, IA
Cup O’ Kryptonite – The Original Coffee & Comic shop!
2608 Beaver Ave
Des Moines, IA
1. Jimmy Rockwell & Sir Bradley Charles defeated 3XW Pure Wrestling champion Ricky Kwong & The Mauler w/Chad Mylan by DQ.
Afterwards Rockwell challenged Kwong to one more shot at the 3XW Pure Wrestling championship next month and Kwong accepted.
2. Genesis – Gage Octane, Benjamin Sailer, Nate Bash, “Torturous” Tony Sly & AJ Smooth defeated “The American Fury” Jon West, Aaron Masterson, “Big City” 3XW Security Guard, The River Monster & Ryan Slade in a 10 man tag team match.
3. Brian Ash w/Todd Countryman retained the 3XW Heavyweight championship by pinning Zach Thompson after a press slam into a diamond cutter.
4. The Horn Dogs – Maddog McDowell & Krotch won the 3XW Tag Team championship by defeating “Delicious” Devin Carter & Casanova w/Steve Biley.
5. Mark Sterling defeated “The Rebel” Jeremy Wyatt in sudden death overtime in a No DQ Iron Man match that ended up going 70 minutes.
On January 7th, 2011 in Des Moines Iowa at 3XW two of the greatest wrestlers today Mark Sterling and Jeremy Wyatt will go to war in a historic 60 Minute NO DQ Iron Man match. Both of these individuals have been Champions around the Midwest and are former MWR Wrestlers of the year.
In a world where respect is earned and not given, Wyatt and Sterling are the measuring sticks for those in the game today. From Kansas to Illinois to Missouri and all the way to Des Moines Iowa they are main event athletes that the fans want to know if they are on the card.
The time has come for Wyatt to finally put his money where his mouth is…. He’s been talking crap for years that he’s the best… Well I have news for him, there is one guy that is a bit better: ME. Wyatt doesn’t train in the gym 4 times a day like I do. He doesn’t dominate Crossfit competitions. “The Fittest Wrestler on Earth” isn’t just a gimmick for me, it’s the honest to God truth. Wyatt hasn’t spent the better part of 8 years training at Harley Race’s school like me. Wyatt didn’t train the 2009 Rookie of the Year Mike Sydal, I did… Nobody in this area works their fingers to the bone as much as I do. Nobody even comes close and that’s a shoot. As good as Wyatt is and everything he’s accomplished, he’s about to get hit with a dose of reality January 7th in 3xw. I have 60 minutes to prove to all the “experts” and “insiders” that I am not only the best on the Midwest, but on the fast track to being one of the best in the world!”- Mark Sterling
Mark Sterling is a man who is pure muscle with seemingly limitless intensity, who lives and breaths wrestling. A great build with a desire to become the best, Sterling has been under the watchful eye of Harley Race at World League Wrestling and recently took part in Ohio Valley Wrestling’s training camp that featured great wrestling minds such as Jim Cornette, Nick “Eugene” Dinsmore, Danny Davis and Rip Rogers.
Sterling’s path would take him to both singles and tag team glory in the past few years. At 3xw he has been a former 3XW Pure Champion and a former tag team Champion with former allies the Gentleman’s Club. Winning and being the best is everything for Sterling and his claim to the best in the Midwest was only strengthen when he defeated Michael Strider for the NWA Central States Championship last year.
Mark Sterling is bigger than me, stronger than me, has a better build than me, can do more sit ups and push ups than me, goes to the gym 27 times a day, can eat more tacos than me, has had better training than me… Hell, I basically paid a guy a grand and ending up training myself and tryin to figure it out as I went along. Why wouldn’t Sterling think he’s better? But therein lies the difference, Sterling thinks he’s better… I know i’m better, the best. The simple truth is this, for every advantage he has, I have one that trumps them all, I’m tougher… Mentally and physically. I punch harder, I kick harder and there’s no one who can absorb punishment like me, and that’s with having a body that’s falling apart. I have a severe sciatic nerve problem in my lower back, ligament damage in my left wrist, calcium deposits in my right elbow, dizzy spells from a concussion over a year ago but yet when it’s a “big match” no one, and I mean absolutely no one puts on a show like I do. January 7th, its gonna be time to put on a show” -“The Rebel” Jeremy Wyatt
Wyatt’s nickname is the Rebel, a man who has done what he wanted to do in the ring with no remorse or regret. He could be the most hated man in all the Midwest. Yet the Rebel has shown a love for great competition and winning titles. Winning titles all around the Midwest is the reason why he earned another nickname The Belt Collector.
Wyatt would add the coveted 3XW Championship on August 21, 2009 against the then fan favorite Devin Carter. He would terrorize and dominate the promotion for close to a year till July 9,2010 when the talented Rory Fox would upset Wyatt to become one of the very few to make claim as a man to have a victory against the Rebel.
In the past these two men have teamed up but the question always remained, just who is the best in the Midwest?
Who has the advantage in this epic battle where the object is to get the most pinfalls and submissions in that 60 minute time limit?
Lets break it down.
Mark Sterling can use his strength to ground and pound even the biggest of men in the Midwest. (Photo Credit Brian Kelley)
Power and size - Sterling clearly has the edge. Standing 6’2 and 221 barrel-chested like a Greek God, he has broken the will of half the wrestlers in the Midwest before the first bell rang. Wyatt gives up 2 inches and 20 pounds to Sterling, but no one uses execution on offense like the Rebel to withstand a bigger wrestler onslaught.
Can Sterling impose his strength in the match early on to get the edge he needs ?
Power and Size Advantage – Mark Sterling- Is there any wrestler more obsessed with conditioning. In boxing the smaller guys are often said to best pound for pound fighter in the game. How scary is it that Sterling standing 6’2 221 could very well fit that bill in the Midwest. The man is a machine. Wyatt will have his hands full trying to slow down Sterling.
Stamina speed and air attack,-Wyatt has excelled beating men much bigger than he is, while he does pull out all stops with punching, kicking and scratching, I am here to say that it is just all smokes and mirrors to keep his opponent to realize just how versatile Wyatt is and the speed he possess. Sterling may be impressive with his stone cut body, but it’ his training regimen of CROSSFIT that allows him to have a style that can allow him to go all out for 60 minutes without a problem. Wyatt has shown a willingness to go to the air while Sterling prefers to ground and pound you.
Stamina, speed and air attack advantage- EVEN
Sterling is the owner of the Markshooter a variation of Stings Scorpion Deathlock or Bret Harts Sharpshooter. I would be rich if I got a dollar every time that I was at ringside taking photographs during his match that he locked this move in on his opponents in the feared Markshooter. The end result is always the same. Tap out or leave in pieces, either way I have a who’s who in photographs of some of the best in the sport on the wrong side of this painful move. To tell you how effective the Markshooter is, he has so much confidence in it, he uses it in tag team action and has still been able to pick up the win.
Wyatt will also have to be on the lookout for an explosive spear that Sterling has been adding to his arsenal of weapons. Will Sterling look to get a win off of Wyatt with the Markshooter, and once the bell rings and before Wyatt can get strength back in his legs will Sterling drill him with the spear to pick up a two fall lead?
Wyatt brings to the battle the lightning spiral, a move that is viscous in appearance and even more so for the final result for the unlucky soul that gets hit with it. He has perfected the maneuver with such precision that it has been his trademark on route to title after title. Even more impressive is how quick he is able to deliver the move.
Wyatt is a master of leverage and it also shows with his other finisher the crossface. The move has been deadly for his opponents with Wyatt brutalizing them by pulling their head backwards while having their legs wrapped up with no place to go. Sterling is a big guy, but with Wyatt locking him in a position where his power is neaturalized, this is a move that Wyatt will be wanting to use to take him to victory.
Finishers Advantage – EVEN
Confidence and momentum –
What has set Wyatt a part from almost everyone in the Midwest is his ability to stay cool under pressure. In big matches with Tyler Black, Davey Richards and Al Snow, Wyatt wrestles like its another day at the park. We have seen Wyatt cause near riots in promotions, and you can see the frustration and defeat in his opponents eyes throughout the match.
Sterling is cocky, brash and rightfully so, he is as well trained as anyone in the game today. The problem is does he truly believe it? We have seen in many matches in the past where he lost his composure and tends to showboat. Sterling has been impressive in the past with pinfall victories over Chase Stevens, Colt Cabana and a huge win over the Monster Abyss in a brutal ladder match. On the flip side , Sterling has found defeat at the hands of Snow, Black and Jerry Lynn , all three men that the Rebel can boast he has had his hand raised.
With Wyatt already leading in the series, can Sterling overcome the doubts that the Wyatt has planted in his head?
The scary thing for the Rebel is that Sterling is and even BETTER wrestler than he was when the MWR Awards committee voted him as the 2009 MWR Wrestler of the Year. Sterling has been dominate in 2010 at WLW with Steve Fender as one half of the WLW Tag Champs, won the 2010 3XW King of Des Moines Championship, trained once again at the WLW/Noah camp and followed that up with a training camp at Ohio Valley Wrestling. Last but not least he was able to submidt arguably the greatest wrestler in the world today Davey Richards.
Confidence and momentum Advantage – Jeremy Wyatt - With a history of wins in big matches, it is easier to name the matches that he has lost due to the fact that it is so rare. With Wyatt already in Sterling’s head is this match already the Rebel’s ?
This could very well be the most important match in the future of the Midwest. Both men are highly touted as men who could very well be the best in the country that have not had a run with Ring of Honor, TNA or WWE.
Both know each other very well before going to war to see who truly is the best wrestler in the Midwest today. The longest 60 minutes in each of these two lives will be on the stage for the world to see.
Will Sterling look to overpower Wyatt early and push his weight around? Can Wyatt break Sterling mentally?
My advice for Wyatt is, if Sterling locks in the Markshooter, if you are unable to get out right away, tap quickly. Sterling has the move to perfection and the damage is done in a blink of an eye.
My Advice for Sterling, do not get overconfident and let the Rebel suck you in to thinking you are safe. You are never safe. Wyatt for all of his antics is always thinking and looking to deliver the big blow.
MWR Prediction- Jeremy Wyatt wins 3 to Mark Sterling’s 2
Plus a Holiday treat straight from our friends at 3XW
The latest free Match of the Month is a special holiday gift to our fans – a 3XW Heavyweight championship match featuring “The Rebel” Jeremy Wyatt!
Two-time 3XW Feud of the Year winners Jeremy Wyatt and Tyler Cook clash one last time in an intense battle for the 3XW Heavyweight championship in this highly-emotional battle. For more info about this lengthy rivalry, visit http://www.3xwrestling.com/Midnight-June10.htmand read a column which provides tremendous background info on the match. This bout took place at 3XW’s “Downtown Destruction 2″ event on June 4, 2010 at the Des Moines Social Club. Commentary provided by Midnight Guthrie and “The Founder of MMA” Chad Mylan. Footage courtesy of SEP Video.
This match certainly showcases Wyatt’s abilities heading into 3XW’s first-ever No DQ 60 minute Ironman match between Wyatt and Mark Sterling on Jan. 7.
If you didn’t see it last month, here’s a great match featuring Mark Sterling vs. Gage Octane from May.
Advanced General Admission $12.00
General Admission day of event $15.00
Kids 10 & Under $6.00
Kids 3 & Under FREE admission
3XWrestling will also be collecting new, packaged toys & gifts at the door for Toys for Tots.
This is something we have done every year and are proud to be able to help brighten many children’s Christmas each year.
We will have a collection box at the door as you come in, please bring a new, packaged toy, sporting good, dvd, cd or other gift and help make the holidays a little brighter for Iowa’s children & teenagers.
For more information on Toys for Tots, check out these links:
It’s that time of year again folks as we get ready for family gatherings, turkeys roasting in the oven, a time of peace and serenity……..and of course 3XWrestling’s “Holiday Havoc 2”! What better way to celebrate the holidays then with a full course meal of pro wrestling action?
The 3XW Heavyweight title will be on the line as the current champ Rory Fox will take on the “Gentlemen’s Club” own Brian Ash. This feud has been going on for the past couple of months and with the “Club” and their manager, “Commissioner” Todd Countryman, always interfering in the matches Fox may have to devise a new strategy for dealing with the big man.
Rory Fox made an immediate impact the first moment he stepped into the 3XW ring and to no one’s surprise was the 2009 3XW Newcomer of the Year. Many fans already knew Fox from the MTV reality show many moons ago called True Life: I Want to be a Professional Wrestler. The Iowa native has traveled the country mastering his craft for over ten years and is now setting his sights on Brian Ash and the “Gentlemen’s Club”. Fox won the 3XWrestling Heavyweight title in May at the “5 Year Anniversary” event from “The Rebel” Jeremy Wyatt in a sensational ladder match. Since then he has had to fend of the likes of Ryan Slade, Gage Octane and the rest of the “Gentlemen’s Club”. After having Ash and his cohorts continuously attack him from behind Fox is ready to end this once and for all!
Brian Ash is the very first 3XW Heavyweight champion and he carried the title for some time as he has wreaked havoc all over the wrestling world. Trained by the legends Harley Race and Dory Funk Jr., Ash has the tools, size and experience to take the strap from Rory Fox. But even with his natural abilities Brian Ash has once again chosen to take the easy ride to the top. Ash returned to the ring in March of this year after retiring in a “Loser Leaves 3XW” match from 2007 and seemed to be making amends for his past behavior. True colors were shown though as he returned to the ring and turned on his wrestling students Maddog McDowell and “The Unbreakable Zach Thompson. This is nothing new though as Ash along with Octane and Countryman were once known as the “Blue Chippers” before the creation of the dastardly “Gentlemen’s Club” and much like today cheated to win at all costs. Brian Ash wants his title back and Rory Fox will have to depend on speed, agility and maybe some outside interference to keep the big man down to retain his belt.
Other matches have been announced for “Holiday Havoc 2” including a rematch from last months show with the 3XW Pure Wrestling champion “The Laotian Sensation” Ricky Kwong taking on “The Rockstar” Jimmy Rockwell. Last months match was incredible as these former tag team partners gave probably the best match so far in their 3XW careers. A stipulation has been put in place by the 3XW Board of Director as Kwong’s sneaky manager Chad Mylan will be handcuffed to Skylar Pierce during the match! Also a six man tag team match is in place as The Horndogs and Zach Thompson take on American Ground and Air with Ryan Slade. More matches will be announced soon!
In addition to all this pro wrestling excitement 3XW is putting on a “Holiday Havoc 2” preparty on December 1st at Cup O’Kryptonite, located at 4521 Fleur Drive, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. There will be free beer, door prizes, pro wrestlers, comics and did I mention free beer!
Also don’t forget to bring toys down to the show as 3XW is collecting for Toys for Tots!
“Holiday Havoc 2” will be held at the Des Moines Social Club on Friday, December 3rd located at 1408 Locust Street in Des Moines, IA. Tickets can be purchased online at 3XWrestling.com or at Cup O’Kryptonite and both Jay’s CD and Hobby locations. Advance presale tickets cost $12 for adults and $6 for kids 10 and under. Ticket will also be sold the night of the show at $15 for adults, $6 for kids 10 and under and kids 3 and under are free. Doors open at 7:00 p.m. with the bell time being 7:30 p.m. Don’t be a turkey bring a toy for a child in need!
Subscribe to Mark Campos at the Des Moines Examiner click here
Jim Ross wrote of Ric Flair “ Back in the day, and still today for that matter, no one could cut a more impassioned promo than the future Hall of Famer “Nature Boy” Ric Flair. Flair dressed the part, lived the part 24/7, and, seemingly, became the “Nature Boy. Credit Jim Ross’s websitehere.
By Brian Kelley
On my long drive to school in St Louis I have a LOT of time to think about stuff and when I am not thinking about my homework, I have my mind working towards pro wrestling. This past week my thoughts took me to who in the Midwest is the best on the Mic? Who can your attention the most during a promo?
If you take a look at most of my favorite wrestlers they all can talk. From my very favorite Ric Flair to the Honky Tonk Man and back the Midwest’s own Harley Race they could all talk you to the show.
Lets take a look at 20 of the most interesting wrestlers in today’s game here in the Midwest in my opinion, Feel free to disagree or add your thoughts but these are the top wrestlers who I Love to get hear from and the list is in no certain order.
Before we go to the 20 plus superstars lets give props to the three time WWE Tag Team Champion Trevor Murdoch who I felt was very underrated during his time at the big show.
First lets look at a promo from ALL-TIME greats Dusty Rhodes and Harley Race when he congratulated Trevor Murdoch for his signing with WWE.
Now lets take a flash back at a promo from Murdoch with his tag team partner the late Lance Cade as they were set to arrive in WWE. Some good stuff for sure.
1) Bloody Harker Dirge
The Vampire from the Midwest, Dirge has the look, can wrestle and is works his character to a T….or maybe he is a real vampire. Either way one of the best to get a promo from period.
2) Travis Cook-
The Manager of Champions or as my friend Herb Simmons calls him Travis “the Crook” Cook but no matter what you call him you will have no choice but to hear what he has to say. A link from wrestlings past, Cook knows how to get under the skin of wrestlers and fans alike.
3) Bailey Mannix-
In your face, no nonsense wrestler can talk the talk and walk the walk. Great in front of people and can bust out a promo in one take with out blinking an eye.
4) Michael Strider
– If you ask me this guy is the closest in the Midwest to have the same feel as my favorite Flair as anyone, and I am not the only one. Strider is believable in his words and can make you care for him in a heartbeat but just like Flair if he is in a foul mood can drive the fans in a frenzy.
5) The Northstar Express Darin Corbin and Ryan Cruz –
The Northstar Express is so good that you always want more……
Ask me who my favorite to interview and to work with in a promo and I promise you that I will no doubt have these two right among the top of that list. Charismatic and you never know what they will come up with. They deserve to be on a national stage.
6) Gary Jackson
The total package who never got that one break, Jackson may very well be the most loved wrestler in St Louis. With classic lines and his golden rules the geourgous one is always one that you will want to listen too.
7) Jayden Draigo
To be honest I didn’t know who Draigo was until this year. He quickly gathered my attention with the way he handled himself in the middle of the ring, drawing the ire of the fans without missing a beat.
8) #1 Brett Young –
Like the Northstar Express, Young has charisma to burn. A great talker he is able to do whatever is thrown his way be it serious or comedy it is always a honor to interview him…or at least that’s what he lets me know when we are done.
9) The Mississippi Madman –
Listen for this quote from the Madman at the interview “ You just saved a lot of lives, because there is going to be a lot of people running because the Madmans coming” Love it!
No wrestler in the Midwest can have the fans in the palm of their hands like the Mississippi Madman. His look, along with his mic skills is the reason why he would be one of the wrestlers that I would choose if I was a promoter.
10) BroMance Jordan McEntrye & Knight Wagner with Eryn –
Cocky brash and always entertaining this tag team is very underrated in the Midwest, they have a great look that catches the fans attention right away.
11) Mr Late Nite
The Midwest wrestling agent has an ax to grind and never seems to be in a good mood. That is until he is making fun of the fans who come to see their heroes in action.
You can’t miss him with all those 3 stooges’ tattoos but then he gets on the mic for a promo or before his match and laughter is surly to come. 13) Matt Cage –
Cage is always willing to think outside the box. The scary thing about Cage is I believe he is only scratched the surface of how good he can be.
14) The Hooligans (Devin and Mason Cutter)
The 2009 MWR Tag team of the Year burst onto the scene making a name for themselves in and out of the ring with some great promos for their battles.
15) Attitude Inc (Guy Smith, Spencer Powers, and Michael Shard)
The trio of Smith, Powers and Shard bring to the table great wrestling action and a look that gets the fans and opponents attention quickly. They currently hold the NMW Tag titles while Shard is in the hunt for the NMW Title at November Reign. Look for great things to continue for these there.
16) Chad Mylan-
The man who many claim is the voice of 3XW has grew a chip on his shoulder. Leading his number one man Kwong into the ring to gain championships. He is a force at not only 3XW but MECW as well.
I am going to share with you a promo from 3XW’S monthly internet show Outside the ring from this past October. Look for Chad at the 5:16 mark into the show as he celebrates a big victory along with his protégé Ricky Kwong. Please take the time to watch the whole episode and add the 3XW website to your favorites to check out the new Outside the Ring.
17) Bobby Houston –
While many wonder what we do at MWR, “The Business Man” is not one of them. He knows that the site is out there to get the word out about wrestling, but more importantlyto Houston, is MORE coverage for himself. In the ring on the mic or outside the ring for a promo Houston is all about the Business and that business is to let you know that he is the best in the Midwest.
18) The Magic Man-
If you have not seen this legend from Japan then shame on you. I have had a lot of fun working with the Magic Man every time we get the camera in front of him. The fans MAY love him or hate him but they always and I mean always remember him
19) Steven J Girthy-
The classic manager in every sense. Successful check, rich check, loud mouth check. The truth of the matter is the man is good at his job and that is leading wrestling’s top wrestlers into battle.
20) AJ Williams-
One has to see AJ do wrestling impersonations to get a true feel of this young wrestlers talent. Don’t believe me then just ask Bill Apter.
MWR Hall of Fame Video
Hype Gotti and Tony Cortez formed the charismatic tag team Simply the Best. The two would hold onto the PWP Tag titles but we were always prepared to see what these two would say when we got them behind the camera. Lets look back at this classic interview.
Last but not least I leave you with a promo that we did with the 2008 Missouri Wrestling Revival wrestler of the Year “ The Rebel” Jeremy Wyatt. I took this to work to show some residents at the behavior unit that I worked with. The resident LOVE wrestling and my mother has been a nurse for over 30 years at the very same home.
My mothers reply to me after watching Wyatt blast , “Maybe you shouldn’t get involved in this wrestling, you’r going to get hurt.” …….SWEET
I now share with you that video that caused my mother such concern.
3XW Heavyweight Championship – Ladder Match
“The Rebel” Jeremy Wyatt (c)
Title vs. Title – Winner take all unification match
3XW Cruiserweight champion “The Rockstar” Jimmy Rockwell
3XW Pure Wrestling champion “The Viking Warrior” Kraig Keesaman
Six man tag team action
“The Anarchist” Arik Cannon & The Northstar Express – Darin Corbin & Ryan Cruz
The Gentlemen’s Club – Gage Octane & the 3XW Tag Team champions – “Delicious” Devin Carter & Casanova w/Todd Countryman
Brian Ash w/Todd Countryman
“The Unbreakable” Zach Thompson
Brady A. Dezire
Tag Team match
The Horn Dogs – Maddog McDowell & Krotch
Midwest Ground & Air – Benjamin Sailer & Nate Bash
“The Laotian Sensation” Ricky Kwong w/Chad Mylan
Sir Bradley Charles
“The Right Price” Aaron Masterson
General Admission $12 Advance Tickets| $15.00 At the Door
Kids 10 & Under $6.00
Kids 3 & Under FREE Admission
Tickets go on sale June 12th at:
Jay’s CD & Hobby
5921 SE 14th
Des Moines, IA
Cup O’ Kryptonite – The Original Coffee & Comic shop!
4521 Fleur Drive
Des Moines, IA
3XW July 9th after show party will take place at our sponsor:
1511 South Union St
Des Moines, IA
All fans are welcome to attend the after party to eat & drink with the 3XWrestling wrestlers & crew!
If you haven’t already heard, Ring of Honor World champion Tyler Black competed at Downtown Destruction II in a total surprise.
3XW Downtown Destruction II – June 4, 2010 – Des Moines Social Club – Des Moines, Iowa Results
1. “The Right Price” Aaron Masterson beat Hunter Matthews with 15 seconds left in a 5-minute challenge by reversing Matthews piledriver attempt into a jacknife rollup pin. Hunter took the mic prior to the match and said there was no way Masterson could beat him in 5 minutes. Matthews has now been pinned by Masterson twice.
Promo – The Gentlemen’s Club came out and manager/3XW Commissioner Todd Countryman announced that it was now a 5-on-4 elimination tag wiith him as the Gentlemen’s Club additional partner. Their opponents then came out accompanied by former 3XW President Skylar Pierce. Sterling explained that being a former member of the Gentlemen’s Club, he knew they would be up to something tonight, so he contacted Skylar, the former 3XW president. Skylar received the OK from the Board of Directors to add an additional member to Sterling’s team…none other than Ring of Honor World champion Tyler Black!!
2. Brady A. Dezire beat Buck Albright following a schoolboy rollup with his feet on the ropes for leverage.
3. “The Viking Warrior” Kraig Keesaman successfully defended the 3XW Pure Wrestling title over Nate Bash by drilling him with a Nordic Spike after crotching Bash on the top turnbuckle in an excellent match. Keesaman has now not been pinned or submitted in 24 months.
4. “The Rebel” Jeremy Wyatt successfully defended the 3XW Heayweight title over Tyler Cook, submitting him to a crossface. Wyatt is now the longest reigning Heavyweight champion in 3XW history.
- Following the match, Rory Fox came out and officially announced he would be using his Gauntlet for the Gold title shot against Wyatt at the 5 Year Anniversary Event in July. Wyatt said “fine, but I choose the stipulation. It’s going to be a…..” and then Wyatt walked away.
5. “The Rockstar” Jimmy Rockwell successfully defended the 3XW Cruiserweight championship over Tony Sly, Ben Sailer and Matty Starr after pinning Sly with a Rock n’ Rollup.
– Before the match, Sly announced that if he lost tonight, he would quit 3XW.
– Following the match, Kraig Keesaman unsuccessfully tried to attack Rockwell with his axe and Rockwell announced that they will be having a title unification match at the 5 Year Anniversary event in July.
6. Sir Bradley Charles and Jon West beat Sexy and Smooth (Ryan Slade and A.J. Smooth) after West distracted the Canadians enough for SBC to stop the Fastball Special by pushing Slade into Smooth, causing Smooth to crotch himself on the top turnbuckle and flail helplessly while Charles pinned Slade with an O’Conner Roll. Huge upset, as the No. 1 contenders to the 3XW Tag Team titles lost to a first-time team of rookies. Impressive showing by West and SBC.
7. Rory Fox defeated “The Laotian Sensation” Ricky Kwong (with “The Laotian Liaison” Chad Mylan and Mylan’s new MMA secruity guard) with a Fox Bomb.
- After the match, Wyatt attacked Fox with a ladder and announced that their Heavyweight title match in July will be a ladder match
8. 10-Man Elimination Tag Team match – The Gentlemen’s Club (Brian Ash, Gage Octane, Devin Carter, Casanova and Todd Countryman) beat Mark Sterling, “The Unbreakable” Zach Thompson, Maddog McDowell, Krotch and Ring of Honor World champion Tyler Black. It came down to Ash and Thompson and Ash pinned Thompson despite a valiant effort on the part of Thompson. Black was eliminated when the referee saw him hit Ash with a title belt that Ash tried to hit him with first and Sterling was DQ’d for refusing to release a Sharpshooter on Octane after Octane had already tapped out. Thompson then pinned Octane before taking the final fall to Ash.
After the bout, the Gentlemen’s Club continued to assault Thompson, who was saved by all his partners to the cheers of the crowd.
Des Moines Social Club
1408 Locust St
Des Moines, IA
Thanks to the awesome crowd that packed the Des Moines Social Club for this excellent show!
1. 3XW Pure Wrestling champion “The Viking Warrior” Kraig Keesaman successfully defended the title over “The Right Price” Aaron Masterson after drilling him with the Nordic Spike in 8:48. Keesaman has now not been pinned or submitted in 23 months of competition.
Following the match, Hunter Matthews came out and addressed the crowd and Masterson, talking about losing to Masterson at Spring Showdown and talked about how ashamed his mother his of his actions is of late. He then proceeded to vicious assault Masterson with a brutal Piledriver. Due to the injuries Masterson sustained from the beatings at the hands of Matthews and Keesaman, he was unable to compete in the Gauntlet for the Gold later in the evening.
2. Malia Hosaka defeated Claudia Del Solis after an impressive facebuster in 11:36. Solis, an impressive newcomer to 3XW that won over the crowd, was accompanied at ringside by members of the Mid Iowa Rollers roller derby team, who have bouts on May 15th and May 22nd at Hy-Vee Hall. Visit http://www.midiowarollers.com for more details.
3. Mark Sterling beat Gage Octane by DQ in a wild match in 14:34 that saw Brian Ash and “Delicious” Devin Carter of the Gentlemen’s Club jump Sterling, only for Sterling to be saved by the Horndogs (Maddog McDowell and Krotch), which allowed Sterling to spear Octane and almost apply the Markshooter to Octane following the match. Luckily for Octane, his teammates outside the ring were able to pull him out of the hold. Sterling challenged all four members of the Gentlemen’s Club to an 8-man tag team match against Sterling, McDowell, Krotch and a partner to be announced at Downtown Destruction on June 4.
4. “The Unbreakable” Zach Thompson defeated his High Flyers’ partner Mike Sydal following a Dublin Driver in a very emotional and hard fought “Loser Leaves 3XWrestling” match set up by 3XW Commissioner Todd Countryman in 14:41. Following the match, both men shook hands and embraced in the ring while “American Pie” by Don McLean played over the speakers and the fans gave Sydal a standing ovation. Sydal walk around ringside after the match and shook hands with many of fans in the crowd.
5. 3XW Heavyweight champion “The Rebel” Jeremy Wyatt successfully defended his title over 3XW Cruiserweight champion “The Rockstar” Jimmy Rockwell following a Cropduster DDT in a tremendous championship match in 25:34. Rockwell earned many nearfalls over the champ, leaving fans on the edge of their seats. The end of the match saw Wyatt laying on the mat and Rockwell going up to the top rope for his patented Rock On Bomb. 3XW Pure Wrestling champion Kraig Keesaman, who attacked Rockwell last month, stood at the top of the entrance ramp and distracted Rockwell while he was standing on the tunrbuckle. When Rockwell went for the move, Wyatt had recovered enough to roll out of the way before spiking Rockwell with the Cropduster DDT for the win.
6. Fifth Annual 25-Man Gauntlet for the Gold Battle Royal – Entrant No. 13 Rory Fox won the battle royal and a future 3XW Heavyweight championship match in 30:45 after eliminating Maddog McDowell and Brian Ash (entrants No. 1 and 2) last to win the match.
- Tyler Cook made his return to 3XW as the final entrant (No. 25) and eliminated heavy-favorite Kraig Keesaman, who was distracted by Jimmy Rockwell on the outside of the ring.
- “The Laotian Sensation” Ricky Kwong (No. 10) was accompanied to the ring by his manager “The Laotian Liaison” Chad Mylan. Kwong put in a very impressive performance, eliminating the second-most competitors at three behind Rory Fox’s four. Every time Kwong eliminated an opponent, Mylan gleefully grabbed the microphone and proudly announced that Kwong had eliminated another opponent. Kwong’s run was finally ended when Fox threw him over the top rope, causing Mylan to go irate. The only competitors in the battle longer than Kwong were Maddog McDowell, Brian Ash and Devin Carter (No. 3). Mylan also introduced his new Mylan Management Agency (MMA). More details on the next episode of Outside the Ring.
- Fox also eliminated Gage Octane, who once again reached the final five of the Gauntlet for the Gold. Every year that Octane has competed, he’s reached the final five competitors, but he’s never won.
- The Gentlemen’s Club and Sterling/Maddog McDowell/Krotch, opponents next month in the 8-man tag, targeted each other throughout the match. Ash violently eliminated Krotch, punching him in the face when Krotch tried to springboard back into the ring. Sterling eliminated Carter, last year’s winner. Brian Ash eliminated Mark Sterling as Sterling was battling with Octane.
- Sexy and Smooth(Ryan Slade and A.J. Smooth) were eliminated by Jon West and Sir Bradley Charles. Sexy and Smooth have already challenged West and Charles to a tag team match on June 4 at Downtown Destruction.
- Former ring announcer KL Snow – the only ring announcer to ever lose a “Loser Leaves Town” stipulation – attempted to sneak his way into the battle royal and regain employment in 3XW, only to be quickly pushed aside upon entrance by the debuting Hamlet Azul (a masked European luchador and figure skating enthusiast) and directed backstage by 3XW officials.
- Other masked competitors included the Rebelucha (a confederate luchador), Ski Mask Malloy (martial arts master from the Ozarks), The Yellow Dog (eliminated by Ash after Ash threw Dog’s toy over the top rope and he jump over the rope to fetch it), and Disco Diablo En Fuego (a demonic dancing luchador).
- Besides the ones mentioned above, other returns and debuts included Jaysin Strife, David Clark, and Sparrow.
Upcoming appearances: - 3XW will hold wrestling outside all afternoon and into the evening on Saturday, May 15th as part of the Des Moines Social Club’s annual Subjective Circus event. Lots of other entertainment as well, including live music and special events/games for the kids. Come join us to see lots of matches. http://www.desmoinessocialclub.org