By Brian Kelley
Wrestling fans in Illinois should be thrilled about this coming Saturday’s All American Pro Wrestling’s “Main Event”. Let’s take a look at just 10 reasons why you should take the trip to Marion, Illinois whether you are from Marion or you are a fan that lives in St Louis. In no specific order and to be honest I could have done more than 10 reasons why you should join us.
1) First Show of the year! With the weather looking to be great, why not take the kids out to the park during the day then come in when it gets dark and cold as all of your favorite All American Pro Wrestling Stars action is sure to be hard hitting and heated. AAPW has an Awesome card filled with some of the best stars in Illinois and around the World. Don’t be the only fan at work on Monday who did not make the biggest show in AAPW history.
2) “3G” Eric Wayne to meet former WWE, ROH and a NWA World Champion – The third generation AAPW star Eric Wayne was set to meet ROH World Champion Davey Richards this past fall. Due to contract issues that match never happen. Wayne has been in the sport since 2006 and has had a taste of TNA and WWE in past. A win against the respected and VERY entertaining “BOOM BOOM” Colt Cabana could send a message to AAPW management that he is ready for a rematch against AAPW Champion Edmund “Livewire” McGuire that is if you don’t see him on your TV on Monday or Thursday nights.
3) “The Generic Luchador” El Generico vs. “The Man Gravity Forgot” PAC– Both of these wrestlers have traveled around the world. They have met in the past in thrilling battles that fans have raved about. Let’s take a look at
4) FREE STUFF: One lucky fan in attendance will walk away with two tickets to the WWE Royal Rumble in St. Louis The fan who travels the farthest to attend Main Event will receive an AAPW prize pack.
MWR Fans be sure to be a fan of AAPW on FACEBOOK as they have been doing prize packs when they reach 800, 900 and 1,000 fans. Be a part of the growth of one of the Midwest hottest promotions in 2012.
5) Pokerface Open Challenge– One of the hottest stars in AAPW is the undefeated Pokerface. How good is he? In October, he was able to get a victory from the 2011 MWR Wrestler of the Year Brandon Espinosa in an exciting match-up.
While MWR has not been liked his arrogance and attitude towards fans we cannot deny the talent this young star possess. Who will step to meet the challenge of Pokerface? Be there to cheer on the man who will look to end the undefeated streak!
6) Bad blood and grudges boil over as Heath Hatton looks to get revenge on “Golden Boy” Greg Anthony. Heath Hatton is one star that MWR has on the radar in 2012, in 2011 he along with fan favorite Curly won the AAPW Tag titles and feuded with Anthony and his tag partner “Serial Thriller” Shane Rich. Each man would find themselves alone as an injury would take out Shane Rich, while AAPW would fire Curly but this would not cool off the tension between these two.
Last month Heath Hatton was forced to defend them alone against Team Overkill, and showed true heart in his efforts against Matt Cage and Christian Rose but it would be Greg Anthony who would cost him his tag team titles.
Now Hatton is ready to teach the veteran Anthony a lesson in respect. MWR has always enjoy Anthony here with his own article aptly named “The Golden Circle” in the past we do not condone his actions to this rising star and will be hoping that Hatton can do his wish.
That may be easier said than done, Anthony who will be the first to tell you that he “Is the best of the best” and has the credentials to prove it. Down south he has been honored by the former website Rasslin Riot as the 2011 Wrestler of the Year, one half of a former Tag Team of the Year and been involved in the 2011Match of the year.
Anthony has formed a successful tag team with NWA/WCW star Bobby Eaton with manager Brian Thompson are called Midnight Gold.
In singles and tag competition he has captured wins against a who’s who in the sport including Jerry Lawler, Jerry Lynn, Buff Bagwell, Jay Lethal, Bill Dundee, Rock N Roll Express, Reggie B Fine, New Age Outlaws, Billy Gunn, Tracy Smothers, Flash Flanagan, and JC ICE.
7) Kevin Hunsperger needs your support!! MWR fans know Kevin as the play-by-play commentator for “Collision” and anchor of “News 3 This Morning” on WSIL TV. A great guy who has a true love for the sport. On the other side of the ring will be “The Masterpiece” Mike Masters.
Masters is a perennial threat to the AAPW Championship in the past and pound for pound one of the best wrestlers in the Midwest. So how did Kevin get involved in a match with the AAPW Superstar Mike Master’s? Let’s take a look.
8) See the 2011 MWR Female Wrestler of the Year Stacey O’Brien in action and receive her plaque from MWR’S Diva Dubray Tallman: It has been over four years since AAPW has hosted a women’s match inside the square circle. The fans asked for their return and AAPW has delivered with one of the Midwest finest Stacey O’Brien. O’Brien was the first ever MWR Female of the Year and has returned from injury to regain her spot as the top women in the Midwest with great matches against Lucy Mendez, Santana G, Miss Natural and MsChif.
While this award may be a great honor for the hard working woman who now trains with Harley Race at the Harley Race Wrestling Academy in Eldon Missouri, she now has a target on her back. Just as rap legend 2Pac sang during his peak “All eye’s on me” O’Brien is now the hunted.
The first young women to try to make a name for herself will be a former foe, Rebecca Raze. It has been over 4 years since the two have met but one thing is for sure that they do not like each other in the least. The name Rebecca Raze could be one that you are not aware of but don’t discount her skills and her desire to knock O’Brien off the top of the women’s division.
During the night we are honored that AAPW has invited us to present the “Boston Brawler” with her 2011 MWR Female Wrestler of the Year Plaque and support women’s wrestling at AAPW.
9) See tag team wrestling the way it was meant to be: While newly crowned AAPW Tag Team Champions Matt Cage and Christian Rose of Team Overkill used some legal loopholes to get out of a title defense at Main Event AAPW has offered the fans a great tag match that could have ramifications for the rest of 2011.
The former 3-time AAPW Tag Team Champions the Money Makin Jam Boyz the Mississippi Madman and KC Jackson take on Roscoe Dwayne Harris and Jimmy Wayne Fargo otherwise known as the Convoy. Will the weight and power of Harris and Fargo be an advantage against the MMJB’s Jackson or will the Jackson be able to wear out the fearsome twosome and set them up for the Madman’s finisher the Fifth floor?
The winner of this match at AAPW’S Main event will earn a tag team title shot in the future.
10) Two years ago, Missouri Wrestling Revival announced the very first MWR Trading Cards. The set was produced to bring recognition to the wrestlers in the Midwest and the MWR site. From the very first featuring the tag team the Northstar Express, we have done our best to deliver you the fans with a great card that catches your favorites wrestlers in action.
At the end of the year we were at #60 in the set that includes the current Ring of Honor World Champion Davey Richards, former champ Eddie Edwards, Jimmy Jacobs and MsChif to former WWE Stars and Champions Trevor Murdock, U-Gene) EUGENE), former D-X member Road Dogg along with Hall of famers such as Larry Zbyszko, Dave Hebner and Larry Matysik.
With #60 we were excited to have the one and only “Generic Luchador” El Generico to be a part of this wonderful collection. To the best of my knowledge this will be the first time that MWR fans will have a chance to get their card autographed from the masked man himself in the MWR coverage area. El Generico is one of the most traveled wrestlers in the sport as he is a star with Ring of Honor and has taken tours around the world so fans do not miss this rare chance to see him in action and have you #60 MWR El Generico card signed.
Though we are always excited to add ROH and former WWE, WCW, and NWA stars to the set, our favorites are the stars of the Midwest that thrill us each and every weekend in the Midwest.
Many of these men and women are the future of the sport as during our two years we have featured two Pro Wrestling Illustrated Rookies of the years in three cards. First we have the 2009 PWI Rookie of the Year as well as the 2010 MWR Wrestler of the Year Mike Sydal. Sydal the brother of WWE Star Evan Bourne was featured in two cards, first the sold out card of #5 and then we provided an update of Sydal with the #37.
The most recent wrestler to be name the Pro Wrestling Illustrated Rookieof the Year is Ace Hawkins. We were excited to have this high flying star as the man who graced the # 55 card.
Both of these men have been in action at AAPW in the past but will not be there next week but you will be able to get your hands on the following cards and hopefully have them signed from them during the evening.
#38 Stacey O’Brien and # 43 The Mississippi Madman are two of our favorites. The Madman has been both the AAPW Champion as well as an AAPW Tag Champion.
One of the most charismatic wrestlers in the Midwest, he is always a fan favorite. This will be a great opportunity to meet all three of these stars to have your cards signed.
That is 10 reasons and we never did get to the main event between AAPW Champ Edmund McGuire and “Old School Warrior” Ax Allwardt. This match that could be featured on any main event in the country today and it will be right here in the Midwest next weekend.
Plus stars such as Jay Spade, Bull Bronson, and “Playboy” Paul Rose will be in action during the night as well . So join MWR for a fun filled night full of action as well as many surprises during the night.